Monday, March 5, 2012

Full Moon ~ Power and Releasing Energy Time

*** I re-post this monthly for those who are following!***


Hi everyone!  Hope all is well in your world as you read this : )  Today I'm sharing what I've learned and practiced for years with respect to using the powerful energy of the full moon.  Perfect topic with the full approaching in a few days!


First I'd like to say that I do these ceremonies with the utmost respect for Creator and all that is and make sure I'm in my heart space because it is never the action of 'doing' something that counts, it is the feeling and intention behind the action that counts!  Having said that, the few days prior to the full moon I honor Grandmother Moon, then I ask her to bathe me in her light, visioning myself growing into my power as she grows fully into hers.  I open my blinds or curtains and ask her before I go to bed to power me up while I sleep, or in the warmer months I will go outside to sit and take a moon bath in her powerful light, and sometimes I do BOTH!  The night before the full moon is also an excellent time to charge any spiritual tools as well…like oracle cards and crystals, they can be placed outside or on a window ledge.  

Once the moon is past full and starts to wane (grow smaller again) her energy shifts into one of releasing. The releasing energy is strongest closest to just past full however the energy does last for a few days.  During this time, I write a list of the things or patterns I wish to release that I feel are holding me back in any area of my life, for example “I release or I’m willing to release fear about what others think of me” or “I release or am willing to release unforgiveness towards a certain person or myself”.  Releasing the need for addictions, fear, anger, shame or guilt are the things you might want to put on your releasing list.  I do my own practice of prayer and I thank Grandmother Moon for lending me her releasing energy.  I read my list from my heart, out loud or in my head and then I burn the paper knowing these things have been released to Creator as my words turn to smoke.

Oftentimes in the days and weeks after my releasing ceremony, I will be tested by certain circumstances.  It's the universe's way of having me do the work that is involved in using the power and releasing energy.  For instance, if "I am willing to release unforgiveness" in general or towards a certain person was on my list, an incident will arise where I am given the choice to act from a place of forgiveness.  Or if "I am willing to release fear about what others think of me" was on my list, I might experience a person showing up criticizing or attacking me so I can move through that fear.  Creator always helps us but we must do our part too.  It's kinda like that saying about praying for patience...when you pray for patience do you think God is going to give you patience, or situations where you can learn patience? 

I have found that using these moon cycles has been a huge help to me on my journey to my true self.   It is a powerful process that teaches patience in a fast paced world.  You won’t see results overnight however you will see results over time from cycle to cycle if you keep using them.  There is a past blog post with respect to using the energy of the New Moon as well, of course using both of these cycles in one's life is even more powerful.  It is also a way to collectively raise the healing feminine energy on the planet and hold space for the women and young girls who aren't able to be strong for themselves right now.  It is the time of month when the veil is thinner and our intuition is heightened, I pay special attention to dreamtime visions at full moon and new moon.

If you'd like to keep track of the exact moon cycles you will find them at www.astroprofile.com.

Peace, Love and Moon Cycles ;-)

Full Moon rise & shining on the mighty Mackenzie River, NWT
Photo Credit: Nicky Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment