Monday, July 30, 2012

Labelling the 'Gifted' as Crazy

One day I arrived at Starbucks where I was waiting to meet a friend who was running late. Only myself and another table of people where in the coffee shop as I waited.  The other table consisted of a mother with two young ones and somebody she was apparently interviewing for a job.  I thought it interesting one would have their kids accompany them to a job interview but that's none of my business.  

My focus at one point moved to the oldest of the kids, I'm guessing he was approximately four but could see his soul was wiser than most.  Mama bear was busy paying attention to the interviewee while the kids quietly occupied themselves, quite amazingly so.  As I was nudged to look up at the young one at one point I noticed he could see energy.  I giggled with my inside voice as I proceeded to watch his eyes chasing the energy bubbles that appeared only to him.  He was darting his eyes around and then he started to 'pop' and 'flick' the energy bubbles with his hands.  As I happily watched him playing with Spirit and energy, I thought to myself, how many people would label this child 'crazy' or immediately 'assume' something was wrong with him?  

In our society some parents or people begin to worry about a child's 'abnormal' behaviour it seems, and off to the medical system they go to determine what is 'wrong' with their child who has an invisible friend or sees the unseen in general.  A medical system that is not equipped with a belief system that honors their special gifts.  One that usually is quick to diagnose them with some medical issue and prescribe drugs so the child fits into society's idea of 'normal'.

I remember when I was a young girl, seeing energy in different colors. Oftentimes at night I would wake up and see the lights dancing high in the room I was sleeping in.  I would get a little freaked out sometimes and cry.  My mother would come to comfort me and tell me I was hallucinating, that it was my imagination.  I'm sure she had no idea and figured I was having nightmares but I was awake when I saw the energy, just too young to explain it so she could understand.  I believe I 'turned off' those gifts at that point as I was not validated and it took me my lifetime to come to understand my intuitive gifts.

Now that I own my gifts, and speak openly about my experiences, I have had many young ones feel safe enough to come to me with their stories.  Some hear the trees talking, some see energy coming from their hands, some see auras, some have prophetic dreams, some see spirits, guides, angels and fairies, and some can touch a tree or an object and immediately see a movie in their minds about the energy that place carries and the history of what went on there.  I listen with an open ear and get excited about their specific gifts.  They feel relieved they have finally told someone and more importantly, they feel validated.  

If they tell the 'wrong' people about their experiences, they could end up being carted off to the doctors and end up taking prescription drugs which actually numbs their intuition. Yet it is their intuition that will help them, and us survive on this Earth.  We all have it but we don't all honor it because we've been labelled weird or crazy. I've even personally experienced some religious people saying we/they are talking to the devil?  That was new to me, not being raised any religion and having little knowledge of the bible, I had no idea this was being taught to the masses.  I can assure you I'm not talking to the devil.  Neither are these kids.  I don't judge those people for their take on it, we all get to believe what we want.

I think many of these very wise souls who are in young human form here have come with great purpose at this time on Earth.  What if we created a safe space for them to speak about their experience without fear of judgement or being labelled as crazy?  What if we talked to them about their experiences, even if there was some fear about it on our part? What if we encouraged their visions and helped them to develop themselves on this level?  Many of these kids have chosen parents who believe in more that what the eye can see so they can do just that.  Others have chosen paths where they feel judged and ridiculed by the people in their world.  Maybe you could be that one person who changes how one of these kids sees themselves.  

I believe they are wise souls, as are we, who chose this human experience now, as did we.  The strongest of the strong are here to help save the Earth, please validate them so they may shine their light and create a beautiful place for them to express themselves freely.  They are our future.  




No comments:

Post a Comment